The Four-Way Test
Of the things we think,
say or do:
1) Is it the TRUTH?
2) Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3) Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4) Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
To contact any of our directors, click on the person's name. That will launch the contact form.
NOTE: If images appear distorted, it could be a browser issue. Make sure you're using the latest version of Internet Explorer, or use Firefox or Google Chrome.
District Governor sets goals for District, Rotary clubs
1) To help each club as much as possible.
2) To discuss the benefits of giving to Rotary Foundation. The Foundation can be one of the top charities Rotarians consider giving to. She shared many examples of how a little bit of money donated can go a long way.
3) To encourage each club to set an international goal and consider sponsoring an exchange student.
4) To promote the education and fellowship provided by the district. She encouraged members to attend the semi-annual district seminars. The Fall Seminar is this Saturday; the next one takes place in Spring 2015.
5) To have fun! Have fun at the meetings, have fun at community events, and let the community see how much fun Rotary is. Help prospective members join our exciting club.
Mary Beth reminded us that this year's theme is, "Light Up Rotary." It comes from the saying, "It is better to light a candle than to sit and curse the darkness." Mary Beth encouraged Rotarians to "light a candle" in their own ways.
Update on Heritage Christian Schools
John Davis, president of Heritage Christian Schools, talked about his schools and their plans for growth during our meeting on Oct. 8. Some of the key points John shared with us include:
- The school started in 1973.
- They have now graduated more than 1,700 students.
- Moving to New Berlin from Brookfield will allow them to consolidate all campuses at one location. They have an accepted offer on Glen Park, the old Elementary School at 3500 S. Glen Park Rd. Plans call for a four-phase renovation program that will add classrooms and a high school-quality gym.
- Their mission is To Train and Inspire Servant Leaders through Exceptional Christ-Centered Education and Programs.
Rotary: Doing good all around the world
The Rotary Foundation supports ongoing efforts to eradicate polio (now found in just three countries in the world!), bring clean water and sanitation services to impoverished communities, and build schools and other structures, to name just a few.
This video offers just a glimpse of the important work Rotary International does for the needy everywhere.
Volunteer event at Weatherstone Park
Nov 01, 2014
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Moving New Berlin Forward meeting
New Berlin West High SchoolNov 12, 2014
7:15 AM – 9:00 AM
New Berlin Christmas Parade
Nov 29, 2014
10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Weatherstone Food Drive Sorting And Shelving
New Berlin Food PantryDec 06, 2014
9:58 AM – 12:00 PM
Murder Mystery Dinner / fundraiser
New Berlin Banquet CenterFeb 07, 2015
5:00 PM – 11:30 PM
Olympia ResortFeb 21, 2015
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Westin Inn Chicago NorthwestMar 06, 2015 8:00 AM –
Mar 08, 2015 5:00 PM
Do your deals benefit all parties involved?
Adhering to high business ethics not just right, it's also good business practice.
Rotary clubs follow the Four-Way Test, which is shown on the left side of this page. For more on the value of incorporating the Four-Way Test in your business, read this article from the BizTimes of Milwaukee: